Sunday, October 4, 2015

These past few months have been pretty crazy in the Robinson household. It took me oh too long to have the painful realization that I am attempting to do too much. I don't know if it was the crying spells or the comical memory loss that clued me in, but I finally figured out that this clown is juggling too many bowling pins. 

As I was driving home from one of my clinical rotations this week, I started thinking about painful procedures that are necessary for patients to reach their full physical potential. A few scenarios came to mind, but the most poignant one was turning a patient in terrible pain in order to change bed linens. One of my least favorite parts of nursing is inflicting pain, even when absolutely necessary. My mind wandered to the pain I was currently feeling--enormous amounts of pressure.

I realized that Heavenly Father plays a role in my life similar to that of a nurse. As The Great Physician, there are things that He knows I need to experience in order to reach my full spiritual potential. Like a nurse with a patient, He will minimize the amount of time pain is felt as well as the intensity to His full ability. I truly believe that Heavenly Father will not let me experience any more pain than is absolutely necessary. 

The reminder that Heavenly Father wants me to be happy and healthy motivated me to take inventory of what I was doing to help myself be happy and spiritually healthy. It turns out some changes needed to be made.

Those changes have really turned my stress level around...so much so that tonight I needed to make a celebration cake. A happiness cake if you will. The lesson learned from the cake? Everything tastes better if it's robins egg blue.

XOXO, 

Emma






     











No comments:

Post a Comment